- Don’t be afraid to love. Love everything and love fiercly and I promise that love will always find its way back to you.
- That being said, do more of what you’re afraid of. Some of the greatest things happen just beyond that leap – just beyond your fear.
- Find the thing that grounds you – whether it’s a religion, a hobby, or otherwise – and invest yourself in it. Everybody needs a crutch.
- Spend more time outside. Feel the ground beneath you and the space around you. Let the earth make you feel small and humble you.
- Learn how to be present – whatever that means to you.
- Decisions are rarely hard to make, they’re just hard to do. Trust yourself and your insticts and go.
- Practice empathy every chance you get. You never know how far a little understanding can go.
- Become more self-aware. Learn about the who, what, when, where, and why that make up your being. Understanding yourself is peace.
- The opinions of others should matter, but not the opinions of everyone. Find your circle, learn who your people are, and trust what they have to say.
- Travel. Even if all you’re able to do is explore the cities around you, travel. There is too much life to be lived and too many things to experience. To do it all in one place would be a waste.
- Take advantage of the dull moments. Journal, meditate, exercise – don’t let spare time become wasted time.
- It’s never too late to reinvent yourself. Keep evolving into whoever your spirit is telling you to become and don’t stop until you can sit back and think, “this is who I’m meant to be.”
- Be nice. Just be nice. There is absolutely no reason for me to explain this. Be nice to strangers. Be nice to non-strangers. Be nice to someone even if they’re not nice to you. Just be nice to people. And don’t forget to be nice to yourself, too.
- Understanding your pain is the key to understanding happiness. Enjoy both.
- Things are almost never as complicated as they seem. Just trust that some things in life really are that simple.
- Remember that you’re not alone. It may not feel like it sometimes, but there will always be someone who understands.
- If somebody wants to be generous, let them. Don’t always fight it.
- Make goals for yourself. They can be as ambitious as a dream job or as simple as getting out of bed. Be proud of every accomplishment.
- One thing at a time. Focus on figuring life out one thing at a time.
- Have a mantra for yourself. Let it save you.
- It’s always a good day for a good day.
What do you do when you learn you are wrong
When the words you believed
Were lies all along
And now that you know, are you trapped or free
How do you act when your thoughts turn around
And who you are is no longer the same
All you wanted was solid ground
But that’s not what you get when you play this game
You learn to live with what you’re not
But what happens when what you’re not becomes what you are
You learn to deal with what you’ve got
But what if you decide to raise that bar
Time won’t stop and things won’t stay the same
We always have to adjust as fluid beings